Forum
Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Which F-16 version is the best?

Last post 07-30-2003, 11:14 PM by Normsta3. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-30-2003, 11:14 PM 2311

Which F-16 version is the best?

Hey everyone, well, I know that a similar thread was already created, but that thread dealt only with operational F-16s, not all the research variants or concepts, so I decided to creat a new thread to see which one out of the entire F-16 famiily people think is the best. So which version of the F-16 is the best, taking everything into account, such as speed, agility, payload, mission - capability, everything. I really don't know, which is why I ask everyone's opinion on the matter. My favorite F-16 variant still remains the F - 16XL, but it never entered production (thus wasn't truly made combat - ready, being without a radar and such), much less went into combat, so I guess it can't be it, though I'll bet all I have that if it were given an avionics suite like the Block 60s, please believe it would be a force to be reckoned with. Shoot, who needs conformal tanks when it already has a range of nearly 3,000 miles (2,850 to be exact). Anyways, logical choice would of course be the last block to date, the Block 60 F - 16, which needless to say seems pretty impressive, but I'm still not sure, so feel free to state your opinions on the matter.

View as RSS news feed in XML